Project Manager (180186)
VISTA Technology Services, Inc. (VISTA) is currently seeking a Project Manager to work in Arlington, VA (Crystal City and Pentagon). The successful candidate will be part of a highly professional, results-oriented team and will provide oversight to artifacts, reporting, integrated schedules, risk registers, and status reports to Government management. The successful candidate will lead a team of 20+ professionals and lead client relations with the government.
Responsible for the coordination and completion of assigned tasks to support DoD projects over a project’s life-cycle, applying depth and breadth of experience in information technology (IT) department.
• Extensive experience and judgment is demonstrated applying a wide variety of project management principles, practices, and procedures. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of programmatic, fiscal, and legal governance in guiding subordinates and advising Government management in all phases of project management.
• Coordinates deadlines and monitoring activities on project execution, gate reviews, technical baselines and milestone reviews, and status updates in written and oral manner. Reviews and provides edits to artifact of Vendor subordinates to ensure relational information and program or policy information remains relevant to reporting status, Government formats, and formal reviews.
• Plans, organizes, and integrates data and relevant information in to achieve critical milestones, reviews and project completion over a project’s life-cycle. Responsible for advising Government managers on calculated or known changes in status, logistics and/or crucial data influencing the progress of projected and realized events.
• Prepares reports for Government management regarding status, issues, risks, financial and other requested data, per Government direction. May also review artifacts or contributions made by subordinate Contractors prior to submission to Government management.
• Ensures procedures and database tools or applications are followed, IAW Government direction.
• Using databases, web-portals, applications, and project management tools, assists the Government in developing responses to ad hoc internal and external assignments, ensuring accuracy and technical merit.
• Integrates and validates project data and liaisons within and across departments or experts to acquire and report pertinent facts, relational information, or statistical impact to timelines, financial execution/spend plans.
• Advanced communication skills to address quasi-technical and programmatic elements to ensure accurate and timely information to Government management.
Required Job Qualifications:
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or Management Degree
Experience: 6+ Years in DoD Project Management and/or Program Management Office
(PMO)/Program Executive Office (PEO), or DoD HQ Program Management/Action Officer
Certification: PMP or Master of Business Administration
Clearance: DoD Secret
Highly Desired but not required:
Experience as a Pentagon Action officer with 2+ years working at the Pentagon for Department HQ
Experience working with Army Installation Status Report
VISTA offers a strong compensation package and a competitive leave package. A generous benefit plan includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, tuition assistance and employer matching 401(k) plan.
Government executives utilize VISTA for information technology, management consulting, decision support systems and a broad portfolio of analytical services. Our focus on real property helps our clients gain the greatest value from money they spend on buildings, land and infrastructure.
To learn more about VISTA and to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.VISTAtsi.com.
VISTA is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Disability/Veterans Employer