Public Affairs Specialist (170142)
VISTA Technology Services, Inc. (VISTA) is currently seeking a Public Affairs Specialist in the Washington, DC area. The selected candidate will be part of a leading Technology Company. The incumbent will serve as a Public Affairs Specialist and may be responsible for and involved in the following:
- Oversight of public diplomacy programs and negotiation of public diplomacy programs for overseas Missions in cooperation with the program office
- Design and negotiation of public diplomacy programs for overseas Missions in cooperation with the program office
- Press support for public affairs events including leadership in outreach programs for domestic audiences and occasional press guidance drafting and clearance
- Regional affairs activities that include public diplomacy issues affecting the region as a whole or cutting across lines of responsibility of the various country desk directors
- Providing public affairs support to other elements of the Office
- Elements of public diplomacy and public affairs programming may include political-military; political-economic; democracy, civil society and human rights; press, educational and cultural affairs; narcotics; environment; and counter-terrorism.
Successful candidate will:
- Implement Bureau public diplomacy programs;
- Advise on, oversee, evaluate and perform research on the formulation and direction of public diplomacy programs;
- Evaluate information/initiates research to validate existing program priorities or directions or to recommend implementing changes or new programs or policy guidance;
- Performs Policy Analysis, Development and Implementation;
- Develops background information, tactics and approaches for presenting policy positions both in-house and in the interagency arena and
- Serves as liaison with U.S. based governmental and non-governmental communities to inform and to monitor their interests in and concerns regarding developing political situations as well as the public statements and related assessments made by interested organizations.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university and 10 years related experience.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The position requires expert knowledge of the theories and principles of political science, international relations, economics, history, geography, or other related disciplines. The assignment involves providing expert analytical and advisory support for the planning, development, and execution of U.S. foreign policy within a broad and complex regional area. The work requires applying a rigorous analytical approach to data that is often vague, unsubstantiated, or contradicts existing knowledge. The same approach must be applied to developing analyses that provide new perspectives for the understanding of complex political, economic, social, geographic, or military issues in the media diplomacy area. The work is complicated by the need to provide expert advice and guidance that influences the decisions and actions of senior policy officials and the need to quickly, accurately, and decisively determine the relevance and significance of information to the policy interests of the Department.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
VISTA offers a strong compensation package and a competitive leave package. A generous benefit plan includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, tuition assistance and employer matching 401(k) plan.
To learn more about VISTA and to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.VISTAtsi.com.
VISTA is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Disability/Veterans Employer